Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Break Continued

Monday April 13
We were all kind of lazy and slept and worked around the house. It wasn't too cold and so Filipo worked with dad outside on the pond. Dad still hadn't finished it but it had been cold so he hadn't really had a chance and then they found a hole in it so it took longer than they expected. While Filipo & Dad worked outside Finau spent the day inside sleeping with grandma.


Filipo likes this one...



When mum & dad left Tonga Filipo's family gave them
mats, tapa, and other gifts. They hung one of the tapa mat up in
the family room and this is the only pic I got of it when we were home.
I LOVE IT [ I made them hang it up for our wedding reception party
HOURS BEFORE it started,
that's how much I love it ;) ]

working hard obviously


Finau spent most of the trip lounging with grandma
and SLEEPING


Tuesday April 14

I love going to the temple. It is such a blessing to be living in Laie and having the temple so close so I was so bummed when it closed for renovations. I would love to go to Kona but with no money it's difficult. The favorite part for me going home was being able to go to the temple but alas it was not going to happen. I was sure I had brought my recommend with me but I didn't so Filipo went by himself. I was really sad about not going but mum bought me clothes and we just had a good day spending time with just us and Finau. We did take some photos when we went to pick up Finau so I guess that made up for it. Afterwards we spent the day shopping with Filipo & picked dad up from work and went out to eat. It was a pretty good day.

Outside the Washington, D.C. Temple

Inside the Visitor's Center

Temipale

Inside with the Statue of Christ

Me & my little man
outside the D.C. Temple

Wednesday April 15

Filipo was knocked out and tired from the day before so mum and I spent all day shopping. I really wanted some nice dresses & skirts to take back with me. We found some along with a few goods for Finau. Filipo really missed out because they had some good guys clothes. We spent the afternoon watching movies and not doing much of anything else. That night we were all going to go to the movies but Finau wasn't really in the mood so Filipo and I went to watch "Race to witch mountain" with The Rock by ourselves. Before we watched the movie we went shopping for Filipo to try and use up all the giftcards we have from our wedding. It was nice to have some time away by ourselves, it definitely reminded me of last summer and living over here.

Thursday April 16

It was such a gorgeous day today! Mum and I woke up early while the guys all decided to get some sleep. While they slept we went out to do some more shopping :) and look for some things for Filipo Leka & Kalina's baby girl. I found all these awesome Disney movies but Filipo didn't want them so I left them there. I knew he would want them but it taught him a lesson because when we went back they were gone SURPRISE SURPRISE!! not really....

The whole family working hard all day

Finau was so happy to play with grandpa
Saipa'ia Boys

Finau & Lipo

A shot of the house and Finau with grandma

Filipo & dad working on the rock wall

Finau & mum on the porch swing
He loved it


When I woke up this is what I saw on the couch
Finau knocked out and chillin


Anyway when we came home the boys were outside working in the yard. They dragged Finau's bed outside so he could watch them work. He wasn't really happy about it or maybe it was because the sun was so dang hot. Mum spent time swinging with him on the porch while I took some photos. I've really come to love and appreciate Virginia so much more since I've been away from home. When I was there I didn't love the weather or living in the middle of nowhere and even church was rough when we moved but I am so grateful for it now. I miss the trees in the fall when the leaves all change colors and fall, the snowstorms/thunderstorms, the sunshine and the trees and flowers! I miss building bobsled runs in our driveway when it was way steep and sledding down after getting snowed in for two weeks. I miss going on trips to the mountains and being so close to family. I miss living in a house filled with windows and light and having a piano to play whenever I wanted. I miss having a clean bathroom and a house without tons of cockroaches/rats/ants/spiders/geckos/bed bugs and all the other nasty biting creatures that we have here in Hawaii. I miss the COLD! and the AIR CONDITIONING!! I miss piling on 10 blankets in the winter while having my ceiling fan go FULL BLAST ALL NIGHT! LOL...I miss turning on my ceiling fan and vacuuming and having all the photos on my magnetic wall fall down hahaha....I just miss it so much now and We were so lucky we were able to go back.


Friday April 17

We were planning on going around D.C. on Monday but it was so rainy we decided it wouldn't be fun to walk around and take pictures. We decided we would take pictures and walk around the sites on Friday. I grew up here so I've been to the mall tons and tons and tons. When we lived in Fairfax & Falls Church we use to come into D.C. EVERY WEEKEND. I loved going to all the different places. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if we had a digital camera then...Filipo mostly wanted to come so we could take photos of Finau since we came a lot last summer when we were here. We started off at the national cathedral. I like coming here to see all the stain glass windows which we learned are incorrectly labeled as stained glass but it's acutally hand blown glass...umm yeah...After going on the tour for that we ate some mexican food at the "best mexican restaurant in D.C." or so the Washington Post and all these food magazines say. Then we headed over to the mall. After only walking from FBI building where we parked to Einstein to Lincoln everyone else didn't have any steam so we stopped at the washington monument and waited while dad got the car. It was really funny because some tourists parked their car in a no parking zone and everyone kept having to get over but everyone once in a while someone didn't realize it was a parked car so they waited for five minutes honking and yelling until they finally realized no one was in the car!! LOL...

SATURDAY April 18
My dad decided we needed to have a party because so many people had wanted to see Finau while we were home. Saturday morning Filipo and I went to return some things and buy some things. When we got home we spent the day cleaning and moving the piano and furniture. The party was suppose to start at 4 but NO ONE CAME! haha...I know it's not really funny but it kidn of was. Then finally people started coming and we had a nice get together with everyone. It was so nice to see all of the people that I grew up around, our family friends. They LOVED Finau especially little baby Adam. Overall the visit was great but it was way too short! I can't wait until we can go back again.

As soon as I get home I'll post the pictures we took from the last two days but I figured I should get this post up for mom and dad so they can see some photos. Thanks for letting us come and visit, we had a blast! We miss you guys.









No comments: