Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finau turns one!



October 2, 2009 Finau Falanike Saipa'ia celebrated his FIRST BIRTHDAY! He was so sick though that it's a good thing we're having his party next week so that hopefully he will be feeling better by that time. Filipo stayed home with him all day while I went to my classes and work. We went to the doctor and got some medicine for him and then we went back home. We finally got an air conditioning unit in our house but it doesn't even make the room cool so I'm going to take it back on Monday. If I'm paying $40 on my rent for the unit then it better work! After that we put a candle in a piece of cheesecake and sang Happy Birthday to him and then he blew out the candle. That night my aunt and uncle (my dad's little sister) came to visit. We all went on the Haunted Lagoon ride at PCC (not Finau since he was sick) and that was fun. It was nice to just talk and catch up since it's been a year and a half since I'd seen them last. They were really happy to meet Finau but he wasn't really happy to meet them. Once he's not sick they said they'd fly out to meet him for real since I told them he goes to anybody and then he'd go to them. After they finally left we met up with Filipo at one of the Tongan Families homes and ate cake and sang to Finau. Once I post the video everyone will be laughing. Finau was sleeping while we were singing to him and you can see him struggling to open his eyes to see what's going on. It was so funny. After that finished we came home but his breathing got worse. At 2 a.m we drove to Castle Hospital in Kailua. We went to the Emergency Room and spent all morning there and finally got home at 7:00 a.m. They had a little chair thing to take his x-rays and they said most babies cry but Finau loved it, he didn't cry at all. I think he was just too tired from crying to really do anything anymore. That was pretty much how we spent his birthday. I just wish it could have been a more pleasant experience for him instead of him being so sick. The good thing is this morning we took him to the Tonga Family so they could watch him while we slept. They gave him some Tongan medicine and he threw it all up along with all the mucus so now he's sleeping really well. Hopefully he's as good as new by the time his party comes around next Sunday. Thanks to Mom & Dad for his birthday cards/birthday packages and Aunty Kilo & Aunty Ana for his new clothes!! He loves it all and is so lucky to have all these people to spoil him!!





No comments: